Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome 2010

Welcome 2010. I'm happy to be making out my farm plans for 2010. I have a huge list of things I want to do this year.

2009 was my first year as a SAHM. Honestly, it has been quite a transition for me. I have spent quite a bit of time just getting my house back in order and getting used to taking care of a new little life. I'm not finished by any means, but I think I have myself to the point that I can actually start getting some things going on the farm. Over the next few days I'll be talking about our projects and what I have planned.

I have not forgotten about my quilting either. I have made up my mind that in addition to my weight loss goals. I am dedicating at least 20 minutes every day to sewing. I need it for me, it is my stress relief, and I love it.

We are "enjoying" another round of snow here at Catbird Acres. I thought I'd post a picture of my favorite of the beautiful birds that frequent my feeders.





These are American Goldfinches (male) in winter plumage. They absolutely love Niger seed. Benjamin loves watching the birds outside the kitchen window as much as I do. We do not feed them in the summer months unless we have drought, but they know just where to come as soon as the snow starts to fly.

I hope that everyone has a blessed 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment